Asian Scholarship For International students
For years now, Europe and the USA have dominated the world of education, but Asia is a fast-gaining track in education. It is becoming a top destination for international students as it provides various opportunities.
In addition, Asia, with its rapidly growing economy, is providing quality education in its institutions, thereby competing with top universities like Harvard, Yale, Cambridge, etc.
Therefore, to make financial aid to international students, various Asian countries provide both full and partial scholarship, and they include the following;
Government of Brunei Darussalam scholarship 2022/2023 for international students:
Brunei Darussalam is an oil-rich country located in Southeast Asia, and every year the government offers scholarships under a particular scholarship award scheme.
These scholarships are awarded to students of ASEAN, OIC, Commonwealth member country, and others to pursue either bachelor's degree, master's, or even doctoral programs.
Furthermore, this scholarship allows applicants to study at the following institutions:
- University of Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- Kolej universiti perguruan ugama seri Begawan
- Islam sultan Shariff Ali University (UNISSA)
- Brunei institute of technology (ITB) and
- Politeknik Brunei (P.B.)
The awardees are exempted from paying tuition fees, acceptance fees, and other appropriate compulsory fees as determined by the university for the duration of the program.
Additionally, the scholarship will cover an economy class air ticket from the awardee's country of residence to Brunei Darussalam before the degree commencement and an economical air ticket from Brunei Darussalam back to the awardee's country residence after completion of the program.
Allowances provided includes:
- Monthly personal allowances of BND500.00 ($368.86) Annual book allowance of BND 600.00 ($443.33)
- Monthly food allowance of BND150.00($110.83)
- Awardees will be granted a baggage allowance maximum of BND250.00 ($184.72) to the ASEAN region
- BND500.00($368.86) to the non-ASEAN region.
- Provision of accommodation at respective institution residential college. If the scholar opts out of the provided apartment, they will bear all additional costs.
- Provision of comprehensive insurance for the duration of the scholarship. However, it is encouraged for scholarship recipients to obtain additional insurance before traveling to Brunei at their own expense.
- Applicant must be proven to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship by a qualified medical practitioner registered under any government authority before the arrival in Brunei Darussalam.
- All applicants are to cover any cost incurred in obtaining this certificate.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-25 for undergraduate and diploma programs and must not be above the age of 35 for postgraduate, master's degree program on 31 July 2022
- The scholarship award is not eligible to Brunei Darussalam permanent residents.
- Lastly, awardees must vacate Brunei Darussalam immediately after completing the course as the applicants are not eligible for permanent residency.
How to apply
- Download application form using the following link
- Please Visit the Official website of the Government of Brunei Scholarship BDS 2022.
- Application deadline: 15 February 2022. No later than 16:00 hrs.
King Fahd University of petroleum and minerals (KPFUM) scholarship 2022 :
King Fahd University of petroleum and minerals (KPFUM) in Saudi Arabia offers a fully-funded scholarship to study full master's, Ph.D., and MBA programs.
This scholarship is open to both home and international students. King Fahd scholarship is open for all academic programs, including sciences, engineering, business administration, and computer engineering.
Also, there is no application fee, and the portal is opened twice a year. Applicants that are not selected on their first atempt can reapply for the second.
- Free tuition
- A monthly allowance to cover living expenses
- Free furnished housing
- Essential medical care
- Free textbooks
- Subsidized meals in the university cafeteria
- A chance to participate along with university in research and book writing
- Projects funded by the university
- A prepaid air passage for the initial passage for initial travel to Dammam at the start of the degree and a return ticket after completion of the degree.
- Other benefits are per school policy
Eligibility for master's degree
- A four-year bachelor's degree
- A 3.00-grade point average (GPA) or higher on a scale of 4.00 or its equivalent and a GPA of 3.00 in the subject of major field For Ph.D. Programs
- An M.S. degree (after a four-year B.S. degree)
- A minimum GPA of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent in both B.S. and M.S. degree For MBA
- A four-year bachelor degree from a recognized institution
- A GPA of average or at least 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 or equivalent
- At least one course in college-level calculus which covers both differentiation and integration
- Working knowledge of computers as evidenced by at least one course in that area (e.g., data processing, programming, information systems)
- At least one year of full-time work experience
- Copy of identification
- Complete official transcripts
- Three recommendation letters from academic referees Statement of purpose
- Passport size photo
- Curriculum vitae
- GMAT (for international MBA application)
Applicants have to fill out an online application form through the official website of King Fahd University.
The deadline for application to the king Fahd university scholarship program is 22 January 2022.
Also, for submitting recommendation letters, the last date is 29 January 2022. For more information regarding the scholarship, visit the university website for more details.
Chinese university scholarship Zhejiang university 2022
China's ministry of education (also referred to as MOE) established the Chinese government scholarship to sponsor outstanding international talents and improve the perception of China as a study destination.
Under the mandate of the MOE, Zhejiang University is accepting applications for full-time postgraduate studies under the 2022 Chinese government scholarship.
- Tuition waiver
- Free accommodation on campus
- Stipend granted by the relevant standard
- Comprehensive medical insurance Duration
- Doctoral degree students 3-4 academic years
- Master's degree students 2-3 academic years
Eligibility for doctoral programs
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens.
- Applicants must be in proper physical and mental health conditions to aid formal study.
- Must be under the of 40(age limit is flexible depending on applicants' healthiness, work experience, and academic profile)
- Applicants must be master's degree holders.
- Applicants for Chinese taught programs shall have HSK of level 5 (180 points and above)
- For English taught programs, applicants must have an internet-based TOEFL test score of 90 or IELTS test scores 6.5 or above, or other proof which can reflect applicants' English proficiency.
Eligibility for master's students
- Applicants must be non-Chinese with proper moral conduct.
- Must be in proper he4alth conditions both physically and mentally
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree.
- Must be under the age of 35(age limit is flexible depending on applicants' healthiness, work experience, and academic profile)
- Applicants for Chinese taught programs shall have HSK of level 5 (180 points and above)
- For English taught programs, except for native English speakers, applicants must have an internet-based TOEFL test score of 90 or IELTS test scores 6.5 or above or other proof which can reflect applicants' English proficiency.
- All interested candidates should fill out an online application form for the Chinese government scholarship through their website.
- Documents required include:
- A passport's photocopy
- Highest degree certificates of applicants
- Original or notarized academic transcripts during bachelor's degree study
- Language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates
- Personal statement no less than 1500 in Chinese or English should include study and work experience, reasons for application, and study proposal.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors or associate professors in English or Chinese (professor's signature, phone number, and email address must be on the letter)
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if applicable)
- 2022 version of the form for provisional acceptance of international students by ZJU supervisor
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide GRE, NTS-GAT scores.
- Suppose the applicant has given up that original Chinese citizenship and becomes a foreign citizen
- In that case, they shall provide the document certifying the cancellation of Chinese nationality, according to the ministry of education of the PRC.
- If the applicant has acquired foreign citizenship automatically at the time of birth in a foreign country whose parents are both Chinese citizens, please provide:
- Documents certifying acquiring foreign citizenship at the time of birth
- Documents certifying parents with (with Chinese citizenship) permanent residence in a foreign country before the birth of the applicants.
The deadline for this scholarship is 28 February 2022. For more information regarding the Chinese government scholarship, visit the website page.