Shawn Carter International Scholarship 2022
The Shawn Carter Foundation Scholarship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Shawn carter international scholarship attracts candidates from all walks of life. They all have a compelling desire to pursue higher education, in spite of many personal, socio-economic setbacks, including teen pregnancy, former incarceration, interrupted schooling, poverty, and homelessness.
About The ScholarshipThe Shawn Carter Scholarship Fund (SCSF) was founded on the belief that any motivated individual in need should have the opportunity to further his or her education.
Furthermore, by removing some of the financial burdens associated with going to, surviving in, and graduating from college, the SCSF plays a vital role in increasing college access and success for many motivated yet not privileged youth..
The scholarship provides individual grants, paid directly to the educational institution, to every student who qualifies and reapplies yearly, from admission to graduation.
Similarly, the grant can be used to cover tuition expenses and related supplemental educational expenses such as books, lab fees, travel and select costs of living.
Also, all Shawn Carter Scholars are required to “give back” by conducting community service and by serving as mentors to younger, aspiring Shawn Carter Scholars.
The benefits attached to this scholarship includes :
- Coverage of tuition fees
- Educational fees such as books, lab fees, travel and select costs of living will be catered for.
- Expected grant upto $1500- $2500
Eligibility/ Requirements For The scholarshipThe following are the requirements and criteria needed to be eligible for this scholarships :
- Students pursuing their first undergraduate degree. This includes:
- High school seniors
- Students with GED diplomas
- Students enrolled in 2-year or 4-year undergraduate programs
- Students enrolled in vocational or trade schools
- UaS citizen or Permanent Resident
- 25 years old or younger
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Household income not exceeding $75,000 USD
How To Apply For Shawn Carter International scholarship
To apply for this scholarship, follow the steps below :
- visit official website after April 1st.
- Start your application early and complete it on time. The earlier you start the application, the better chance you have to submit the application before the deadline. You also have more time to ask them questions in case any part of the process needs clarification.
- Tell them about yourself and use specific details when sharing your extracurricular activities.
- They do not know anything about you until you share it with them. Specific details can help them understand how great you are. The same can be said about your essay. They don’t expect the essay to run too long but make sure your essay helps them learn more about you and your perspectives.
- Review your application for grammar and spelling errors.
- The photo is optional. If you decide to provide a photo, please send them a head shot from the shoulders up similar to an ID card.
If your question has not been answered above, please direct your inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org